Friday, January 1, 2010

Practice makes perfect.

I was just saying to my MIL* the other day that Kaylee is not as physically advanced as Mason was at her age.

*mother in law

I know, I know, you shouldn't compare your kids, but I do.

Mason was rolling from back to belly by 4 months, where it took her a bit longer, she was just a few days shy of 5 months. Although, she has been rolling from belly to back since she was a month old and that took Mason forever to accomplish! As soon as Mason learned to roll from back to belly he was army crawling and scooting to his toys, she prefers to just fuss at them from afar.

My main concern, and the reason for that conversation with the MIL, was the fact that she didn't seem to be interested in sitting up on her own. She wants to sit up, but if you put her in that position she usually arches her back and fusses. I was thinking that by 5 months she should at least be attempting tripod sitting. So I say to MIL that she doesn't and go to sit her up and what does she do?? Make me look like an idiot!

So since that conversation I've been working with her. We have a bumbo but that never seemed to help Mason, he preferred to be on the floor with his boppy wrapped around him and he sat perfect that way, so I tried that today, and what do you know. She's practically a pro!

PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment