Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Start of the solids.

Kaylee had her 4 month check up on the Monday. She is a bit behind because of the doctor not being available, so she has been seen at 3, 5, and next 7 months. She will be able to catch up at 9 months though, when she isn't due for shots!

Stats on the little lady.

Weight: 16lbs 1oz
Height: 26 inches
Head: 16 3/4

She has gained 4 lbs in 2 months! I was so surprised, I remember when she was born and the 3 days we spent in the hospital she lost a pound and I was so worried about her weight and then at 3 months she was only 12 lbs, well I'm not worried anymore!

She is right on the money developmentally and we got the go ahead to start solids. Mason did excellent with all solids that we gave him, and he was never a big eater like her, so I was sure she would do good too. (also, the doctor let me know that DH and I make beautiful babies! I'm biased so it's always nice to hear other people say it!)

I was so excited to start her on foods that I rushed out to Walmart today and picked up peas and rice cereal. The doctor wanted us to mix her foods with a bit of cereal so she could get used to the texture.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

All ready to try these peas!

Photobucket

This is NOT the face of a kid who likes their food =(

Photobucket

She actually looks like she might throw up in this next one. She didn't gag even though with her watery eyes it looks like she was. She did shiver in disgust a few times. Poor baby!

Photobucket

I did get a little smile with her last bite, I think she was thanking me for ending the torture.

Photobucket

Tomorrow we will try just peas without the rice cereal. Maybe the concoction was too thick, or maybe she is like her Mommy and HATES peas!

When I put the peas away, Mason came to me and said "All done Mommy?" I told him Buggy didn't seem to like the peas, to which he replied "She wants ice cream Mommy!"

LoL, gotta love that kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment