Saturday, October 1, 2011

Pinterst Recipe Finds.

I haven't blogged in so long, it's pretty ridiculous. I occasionally throw in a photo for some type of challenge or another blog hop but as for sitting down and actually writing something...yeah hasn't happened.

I decided while laying in bed one night when I couldn't sleep that I should start blogging about recipes that I have found on Pinterest. These will be recipes that I have actually baked and eaten. I will include pictures (hopefully) the link to the original site that I found the recipe on and whether or not it was a success and what my family thought!

First up...Lasagna Roll-Ups

Unfortunately, I didn't have a chance to get a picture but mine looked pretty similar to hers.

8 lasagna noodles

1/2 pound lean ground turkey
1 T olive oil
1 clove garlic
1/2 onion
1 can crushed tomatoes
1 egg
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese


Heat a large pot of water to boiling over high heat. When it reaches a boil, salt and drop noodles. Stir occasionally and cook to just al dente. You want to leave them slightly more firm since you'll be baking the pasta. Drain noodles and set aside.

Meanwhile in a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add turkey and brown. When almost cooked through, add tomatoes and reduce heat to medium low. Simmer for about 15 minutes.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a small bowl, lightly beat egg. Add ricotta, Parmesan and stir together. Spray pan lightly with cooking spray. Add enough sauce to lightly cover the bottom of the pan. To assemble, on a drained noodle, add a spoonful of ricotta mixture. Top with a spoonful of meat sauce and roll up. Place seam side down in pan. Continue until you've used all the noodles. Top each with a little more meat sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella. Bake approximately 20 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.

They were extremely delicious...my very picky daughter loved it! My husband said it was the most delicious thing I had ever made...that is until he tried what my next post will be about!

You will see that I eliminated some of her ingredients, we have food allergies in my family so I had to eliminate the fresh herbs and also the red pepper flakes...be sure to check out her link to see her original recipe and check out her pictures.

Also wanted to add the next time I make them I will make them with beef instead of turkey, the turkey was a little on the dry side for my taste.

Stayed tuned for my upcoming posts, I will post a day or two after I make the recipe..so far I have made 3, the next two I have pictures of the finished product, but now that I have decided to do this I will start taking pictures of all the steps!

Hope anyone who see's this or reads this, will make and enjoy them..that is if I even still have any readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment