Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Chicken and mushroom.

I am joining Finding My Feet's slow cooker link up this week! This recipe is nothing fancy but will fill your belly and keep you warm and happy on a chilly night!

Economy pack (family pack?) of chicken legs, I think there are usually about 12 in a pack. I have also done thinly sliced chicken breasts with the chicken legs because my husband hates picking around bones.

1 family size can of Cream of Mushroom soup

salt and pepper

I start by salt and peppering each chicken leg or breast on both sides, layer the bottom of the crock pot with a little bit of the mushroom soup, place legs/breasts salted side down until you have a single row on the bottom of the pot, salt and pepper again, then just do another layer of chicken salted side down, salt and pepper chicken again and throw the rest of the soup over the top of the chicken..I do sort of try to spread it around so it isn't in one heap. Cook on low for 10 hours. I have cooked this on 6 and 8 hours before, both are good but they don't have the juicyness that the 10 hours give it..so I would stick to 10.

Might not sound fancy but it's delicious..hope someone tries it! Sorry I don't have any pictures of this, I had just cleaned out my phone gallery the other day and it was one that go deleted!

Be sure to check our Finding My Feet for more recipes and share a crock pot recipe of your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment